Petite Felted Bowl | Ochre
The Petite Felted Bowl | Ochre is made from soft wool with a sturdy felted form and is a wonderful decorative addition to any room.
The Petite Felted Bowl | Ochre is made from soft wool with a sturdy felted form and is a wonderful decorative addition to any room. Each bowl is made in Nepal by skilled artisans of 100% wool from New Zealand.
More to the Story
Each item is handmade of 100% wool from New Zealand through the ancient technique of felt making. By adding warm soapy water to wool and then pressing and rubbing, the fibers will tighten into a felted textile material. Gradually, as the fibers are tightening together, the items are shaped into their final form - flower, heart, bird, etc. Once it is dried, it is ready for its final embellishments.
About Fair Trade
These products are 100% Fair Trade certified by the World Fair Trade Organization and made by skilled Nepalese women. To become fair trade certified, there are ten principles that must be met:
- Create opportunities for economically disadvantaged producers.
- Transparent and accountable
- Trade on Fair Trade conditions.
- Pay a fair price.
- Ensure that child labor does not occur.
- Do not to discriminate.
- Ensure good working conditions.
- Ensure the development and qualification of suppliers.
- Promote the Fair Trade message.
- Show respect for the environment in production.
Petite Felted Bowl | Ochre measures 6.5” L x 6.5” W x 3.25” H
Safety & Care
- Recommended for all ages
- Petite Felted Bowl | Ochre is handmade of 100% wool from New Zealand.
- Made in Nepal.
- Certified 100% Fair Trade by the World Fair Trade Organization.