Felt Leaf Stem | Oatmeal
Add a little something extra to your floral arrangement with the Felt Leaf Branch | Oatmeal. These handmade branches are perfect for adding nature without the hassle of fresh cut flowers.
Add a little something extra to your floral arrangement with the Felt Leaf Branch | Oatmeal. These handmade branches are perfect for adding nature without the hassle of fresh cut flowers. Whatever the occasion or season, these are sure to liven up any room in your home. Each branch is made in Nepal by skilled artisans of 100% wool from New Zealand.
More to the Story
Each item is handmade of 100% wool from New Zealand through the ancient technique of felt making. By adding warm soapy water to wool and then pressing and rubbing, the fibers will tighten into a felted textile material. Gradually, as the fibers are tightening together, the items are shaped into their final form - flower, heart, bird, etc. Once it is dried, it is ready for its final embellishments.
About Fair Trade
These products are 100% Fair Trade certified by the World Fair Trade Organization and made by skilled Nepalese women. To become fair trade certified, there are ten principles that must be met:
- Create opportunities for economically disadvantaged producers.
- Transparent and accountable
- Trade on Fair Trade conditions.
- Pay a fair price.
- Ensure that child labor does not occur.
- Do not to discriminate.
- Ensure good working conditions.
- Ensure the development and qualification of suppliers.
- Promote the Fair Trade message.
- Show respect for the environment in production.
Felt Leaf Branch | Oatmeal measures 13" L x 2" W x 0.25" H
Safety & Care
- Recommended for ages 3+
- CHOKING HAZARD: Small parts, not suitable for children under 3 years old.
- Felt Leaf Branch is handmade of 100% wool from New Zealand.
- Made in Nepal.
- Certified 100% Fair Trade by the World Fair Trade Organization.